Super Easy Fried Chicken Recipe
- 8 pieces chicken one whole chicken
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoons celery salt celery salt
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 cup hot sauce this chicken is NOT spicy
- 3 teaspoons thyme
- 3 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1- quart buttermilk to marinate chicken
- Enough Oil for frying depending on what you are using to fry the chicken in. You need enough oil to cover the chicken.
- Instructions for Cooking Best Fried Chicken
- The day before you are going to fry the chicken place the chicken in a couple of large ziplock bags.
- Add the chicken buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- Mix the seasonings.
- Remove one tablespoon of seasoning and save it for later.
- Add the season into the flour cornstarch and baking powder. I mix it together with a whisk.
- Remove the chicken one piece at a time from the buttermilk.
- Flour each piece of chicken in every crease of the chicken.
- Leave it to rest on a large baking sheet. Place chicken in the refrigerator if possible.
- After 15 minutes flour the chicken again.
- Allow the oil to heat to 375 degrees. The temperature will drop as soon as you add the chicken.
- Cook chicken about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken with tongs on to a large baking sheet that has been lined with paper towels.
- Season the chicken as soon as it comes out of the oven with the remaining tablespoon of seasoning mixture.
- Serve hot and with honey if you want a real treat!
This article and recipe adapted from this site