Cranberry And Walnut Pinwheels
- 1 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts (I use Pillsbury Pie Crust)
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the cranberries walnuts sugar and zest in a mixing bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pie crusts into two squares.
- Generously brush the pie crusts with the melted butter.
- Spread the cranberry filling on top of the pie crusts.
- Roll each pie crust into a log.
- Pinch the edges to seal.
- Combine the egg and water in a small bowl and beat until well blended.
- Brush each log with the egg mixture.
- Carefully cut each log into 10 slices. NOTE: If you re having issues with slicing the log because the dough is too soft put it in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.
- Place the slices cut side up on the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place pinwheels on a cooling rack.
- Spread a teaspoon or more of the honey on each pinwheel.
- Let cool before serving.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here