Best Slow Cooker Sweet And Spicy Barbecue Wings
- 1/4 cup good honey
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2–3 tablespoons chili pepper paste to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 pounds fresh chicken wing drumettes*
- In a 5-quart slow cooker on low add the honey brown sugar ketchup soy sauce chili pepper salt and garlic. Stir to combine. Add the chicken wings. Stir until the wings are well-coated. Cover and cook for 1 to 2 hours on high (or 2½ to 3 hours on low) until the wings are cooked through.
- Remove the wings from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Transfer the sauce from the slow cooker to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the sauce until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon 7 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Then slather the thickened sauce over the wings.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce starts to darken and caramelize. And don’t leave the oven. Broiling can go from caramelized to burned in a blink just trust me on this one. Open the oven and brush another layer of sauce on the wings and broil again. Repeat until you have three layers of sauce on the wings. Remove from the oven.
- *You can use frozen wings; the cook time will be 2 to 3 hours on high (4 to 6 hours on low).
This article and recipe adapted from this site