Amazing Pumpkin Sheet Cake With Brown Butter Frosting
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 x 17 inch jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour baking soda cinnamon and the salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the pumpkin sugar and the oil. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely
- Mix together the milk and the vanilla and set aside.
- Add the powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Over medium heat melt the butter stirring constantly. When the butter becomes very frothy and turns brown remove from the heat.
- Add the milk and the vanilla mixture to the powdered sugar. Add the browned butter. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined. Immediately spread on the cooled cake.
This article and recipe adapted from this site